Do you think the oil spill in the gulf will kill...

Monday, August 17, 2009

Big bad Bill is going to kill



I really do feel guilty to not use Google Earth after I said I would; it's just that this is a stunning picture, and would be perfect to put on this blog. Also, by looking at this picture, I would say that it is going through a rapid deepening. A rapid deepening is a process in hurricanes where the strength goes up, and pressure goes down, but at the same time very abrupt. A good example would obviously be Major Hurricane Wilma, which went from a tropical storm from a Cat. 5 beast in just 24 hrs! Something else that is interesting is the fact that GDFL predicts this hurricane will become a Cat. 5 hurricane, and at the same time, predicts that it will totally "kill" Bermuda 48 hrs later. Bermudans, if you want to get prepared for this storm, just look at the update that I made previously. It will probably hit Bermuda in 114 hrs. or less, but I'd say the waters are too cold to support a category 5 hurricane. Maybe it will hit as a Category 3 or 4 hurricane, but it definitely won't be happening as a category 5.
Claudette
This storm has taken landfall on midight of last night. How much rainfall, I think there was at least six inches at the highest areas, probably a lot more, because the heavy thunderstorm activity has hung below the system since this storms' third advisory, which probably poured down on Franklin County, FL, with an estimated total of 8 inches. Unless it does any funky loops, I think we don't have to worry about this storm, as far as I know, but just in case, take caution.
Ana
Tropical depression Ana is struggling to stay alive. I'd say that it wouldn't last four more days, but it's remnants will sure rain down on the greater antillies.
That's all I have to post for now, I'll post again at 8 o'clock or 15 minutes antiprior to that time.

No comments: